Friday, November 04, 2005

Ozarks Adventure: My Outlook, I saw Hope Come... and Go

The day on the road started out fun, with fresh donuts and Ozarka spring water, but in spite of the comfort of my Mom's shoulder, my (great) Auntie N's willingness to love on me, and the many and various locales I was priveleged to mark... it was a very LONG day.

I became dejected before reaching Harrison, Arkansas. I guess I was sighing a lot. Auntie N asked my Mom if I was ok. My mom said it best...

"She was excited about the trip, but she saw Hope (Arkansas)... come and go". She was right on the mark; I couldn't have said it better myself. Sometimes, I swear... that ole gal reads my mind!

We've arrived to a place I can't see. It's dark here now, and I'm not sure why exactly we came to this cabin. Mom seems really tired and a wee bit impatient. My plan is to follow wherever she goes, sleep close... and see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: