Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ozarks Adventure: My Outlook, Departure Day

It didn't take me long to figure out that we were really going on a trip. I had noticed the suit cases, including MY duffle, for several days.

In typical golden style, I remained calm. I know Mom will go nowhere without me. And we will go... when we go, and not a moment sooner. So, I protected the yard all morning, until I was given the official signal that we were to depart.

We left just after Mom ate a sandwich. I'm guessing it was around noon. All was good, for about an hour... and then I got the urge. Maybe it was the Ozarka, or maybe it was just that I wanted to see the surrounds of the outlet mall in Livingston. At any rate, Mom heard me... and she pulled over.

There were men there, on a ladder on a big truck. They seemed to be changing a sign. Mom thought that it was probably blown out by Rita.... it didn't matter to me. I barked! Don't get me wrong. I wasn't afraid. I just couldn't figure out why they were on top of the truck, instead of greeting me. My tone and wagging tail were a dead give-away!

I'm in Nacogdoches now. I've been here before. This is where my Mom and my brother, Wellington, were born. Or at least that's what I've been told. That was a long, long time ago, and I have no way of proving it.

My (second) cousins are not happy to see me. Perhaps they know that I'm going on an adventure with their mom; I'm not sure. Mom is keeping me separated from them, so I won't let on to the secret.

For now, I'm ready to get back on the road. Rest is out of the question. There is no need for sleep at this point. Let's go, let's go, let's go!!!

No comments: