Friday, June 01, 2007

A Golden Retriever's Thoughts on Veterinary Care & Routine Maintenance

Took me a trip today... to one of my favorite places!
Doctor B's Office!


Yep, you read that right! I know, I know... I just might be the only dog in the world that loves to go to the vet's office, but I do! I really do!

I should, however, qualify that statement by saying... I've never been hurt, and I've only been sick once (though there have been a couple of times that Mom flipped out over something that was nothing). Here's how it went today:

  1. Great car ride with tons of cold air blowing on my face, and songs sung about me!
  2. Got there twenty minutes early... hopped out of the car and tried to p in a big bunch of blooming flowers. I guess from Mom's reaction... that's a no-no.
  3. Took a walk down the street where I grew up! Kinda fun... kinda fulla memories... and a major 'Thank The Good Lord' moment that I now have my own backyard!
  4. Met a really nice lady who mistook my "eeeeeeeeeeeeee" as an 'I don't want to be here' shriek, rather than my anthem of shear joy. Got some good lovin' from her!
  5. Loved all the 'girls' behind the big counter... them that had two legs and them that had four. Miss L gave me a handful of liver treats, and talked to me about many meaningful subjects, including how pretty I am (if a golden retriever could blush... I would have. Instead, awww shucks, I squinted and smiled.)
  6. Doctor B checked me over thoroughly... twice (gee thanks, Mom), gave me a quick shot to the back of the neck (didn't feel a thing) and some nose spray. Ok, that's the one thing I don't like...
  7. Got a pedicure, and I liked that best when I got home... better traction on the hardwoods, less on the comforter!
  8. Gal who operates the computer at checkout might be occasionally dyslexic... She typed my weight as 66 pounds (instead of 69!)... and you gotta love her for that! Unfortunately, Mom noted that she was dead on with the invoice amount. Yikes. Mom said I might have to get a job.
  9. Mom made an appointment for me to go back to see them next Wednesday! That seems a bit odd, so soon... but it's ok. I've got many other 'bits' in my repertoire!
  10. The trip home was great, too... lots of cold air and resting my head on Mom's shoulder. And awaiting me at home, was a cool bowl of water, a yard full of squirrels... and a nice afternoon nap. Life's good!

No comments: