Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ozarks Adventure: Day Four... An outing!

All's good in my world. The bed, though still small, is a pleasant place to land after a busy, busy day. :-)

This day was as those before it. Brisk morning and afternoon hikes. Sweet naps. Constant companionship (my personal favorite). And peaceful evenings.

The only variation today was... an outing! We went for a drive! We drove around the lake, and through the hills, and we just looked at things along the road. It's a lot different from H-town. If you're not going up, you're going down. There don't seem to be so many other peoples, either. I liked it, and my window was cracked just enough for me to put my nose through it.

On the way back to the cabin, we stopped at the foods store. Mom went in, leaving the windows down, and me and Auntie N stayed in the car. I was good. I was quiet. I was very calm.

Until...

This guy, who was parked a space over from us, returned to his car. Then, well, I did it. He never saw me. I laid in wait. And just when he least expected it, I barked (out of mere attention-seeking amusement... but he interpretted it as) ferociously. He might have boomed his pants, but then he turned to Auntie N in the front seat and began to lecture her about restraining me.

Auntie N got mad and told him a thing or two about a thing or two... me, I didn't get my fur ruffled. I was in a seat belt for God's sake. How much more could I be restrained? It wasn't even my protective bark... but my "hey, look at me!" bark!

Peoples have NO sense of humor.

It's ok. Life's good in the Ozarks. (That guy must have been from the big city).

No comments: