Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Dial M for Mailman, Mischief & Mama!

A little thing happened today.

It was an ordinary day, by all other counts... until that shady mailman planted his capitalist propoganda into my mailbox... and what can I say...

Today I snapped.

Hear me out! For four years, he's tiptoed onto my porch in his eerily passive, yet oppressingly official blue uniform and sneaky shoes. He plants all manner of documents... catalogs, circulars and bills, in the metal box by my front door. To his credit, he occasionally brings cards that I send Mom... but for the most part, he delivers pure evil.

And today... I snapped.

What did I learn about hitting the window and barking with wild abandon? Well...
  1. The alarm really works. Thank you Brinks!

  2. Policemen take home intrusions seriously. (Shout out to Officer Dave!... Smooches!).

  3. Mom can get home really fast when she's scared.

  4. Auntie S, next door, is even faster.

  5. It's probably not a good thing to bark wrecklessly (as if she's a burglar), when Mom can't remember the alarm password.

  6. All in all, though, not a bad deal. Mailman at bay... Mom home early... and tons of attention!

Hmmmm... I may try this again tomorrow!

No comments: